Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 1
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- The goal of the proverbs of Solomon is to instill wisdom in the reader. “The wisdom offered here is practical (instruction in wise dealing), intellectual (increase in learning), moral (righteousness, justice and equity), and probing (to understand a proverb and … riddles)” (ESV Study Bible)(3:1-6)
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (3:7)
- Appeals are presented as a father exhorting his son to seek wisdom and warning him against the ruin that comes from folly (1:8-19)
- Wisdom cries aloud in the street and in the market and at the entrance to the city gate and those, to those who accept her, she pours out her spirit. But those who refuse her, experience folly (1:20-33).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- To have the wisdom of God is a worthy goal!
- The seeking of knowledge and wisdom, without a feat of God as a foundation, is an exercise in vanity!
- Godly living is the result of reverence and humility before our Creator and our Redeemer!
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- To fear the Lord in all that I do
- To renounce the enticement of sinners
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- To give thanks for the wise instruction I received from a godly mother and father
- For Jesse and Lura Law
- For Lou and June Matlock
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton