Today’s Scripture: Leviticus 7-9
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- Instructions are given on how the Guilt Offering is to be offered (7:1-10).
- Instructions are given regarding the peace offering (7:11-36).
- The installation of the priesthood is described (8:1-36).
- The first services in the tabernacle are described (9:1-24).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- The Lord expects one to “take ownership in” his offering and to be focused in how he brings it to the Lord (7:29).
- The inauguration of daily sacrifices in the temple signals God’s coming down upon His altar to dwell intimately with His people.
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- My own hands shall bring the Lord’s food offerings.
- I will shout and fall on my face when I see fire come out from the Lord and consume the burnt offering and the pieces of fat on the altar!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For a reverence and awe for the things of the Lord
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton