Today’s Scripture: Exodus 29-32
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- Instructions are given on how to consecrate Aaron and his sons to serve as priests and how they were to make daily offerings.
- Instructions are given for the making of the Altar of Incense, the Census Offering, the Bronze Basin, and the Anointing Oil and Incense and for their use.
- Craftsmen that are needed for the building of the tabernacle are listed and assignments are made to Bezalel and Oholiab.
- In spite of their agreement to keep the covenant (24:13), the people become impatient for Moses’ return and break the covenant by making and worshipping an idol!
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- How important it is to consecrate ourselves and our worship and our service to God!
- We need to take heed lest we fall! One moment we can be focused on keeping our covenant with God and the next allowing an idol to occupy first place in our lives!
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will renew my pledge to God in my daily offerings to Him!
- I will seek the Spirit of God for the ability, intelligence, knowledge and craftsmanship to continue in an avocation that honors Him!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- Lord, keep me focused; help me to not turn aside out of the way that you have commanded!
- Be with your servant Jesse; comfort and strengthen him!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton