Today’s Scripture: Exodus 33-36
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- God commands Moses to leave Mt. Sinai and lead His people toward the land of Canaan, the use of the tent of meeting is described, and Moses pleads with God to re-consider His decision to not go among them (33:1-23)
- At God’s command, Moses cuts 2 new2 tablets of stone like the first and God writes on them the words that were on the first tablets which he broke. He spends 40 days and nights with the Lord on the mountain and when he comes down, the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God (34:1-35).
- Moses delivers the Lord’s instructions regarding the preparation and construction of the tabernacle (35:1-36:38)
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- We should take seriously what God has spoken to us! He does not speak directly with us, the way He did with Moses but, in a sense, our face should glow with awe and respect as God speaks to us through His word!
- We should be of a “generous heart” (35:5) and donate the skilled craftsmanship talents we have to the building of the work of God (35:29-35).
- It is a great occasion when “the people bring much more than enough for doing the work that the Lord has commanded us to do.” Sadly, in many congregations today, this is NOT the case!
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- To be a faithful follower as I am lead to implement the laws of God!
- To be a faithful leader as I am charged by God to be!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For Jesse and Lura Law
- For a generous heart!
- For a quicker response to calls to serve!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton