Today’s Scripture: Ephesians 1-3
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- Paul writes to “the saints who are in Ephesus” to remind them that Christ has blessed them with “every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places” (because they were chosen and predestined “for adoption as sons”) and had redeemed them through His blood. He praises them for their faith, telling them that they are continually in his prayers (1:1-23).
- He reminds them of their hopelessness and helplessness without Christ and contrasts that with the hope this is in Christ and encourages them to even greater faithfulness to join in what God is building – a holy temple (2:1-22).
- Paul elaborates on his call to be a minister to “preach to the Gentiles the unreachable riches of Christ and continues his prayer for their spiritual strength (3:1-21).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- What amazing blessings God has “lavished upon us” because of His grace (1:7). “It is in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone” (1:11-12 – The Message).
- What incredible hope we have if we are Christians!
- What a privilege we enjoy to live in a time where it has now been revealed that which was not made known to other generations!
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- “To preach the unreachable riches of Christ and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages.”
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- That my eyes may be focused and clear that I may see what Jesus is calling me to do!
- For boldness and courage to preach God’s plan for redeeming the soul of man!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton