Today’s Scripture: Job 39-40
Things to remember in today’s reading:
In the midst of the Lord’s challenge to Job, he asks him if he knows how creation and its creatures are governed:
- Do you know when the mountain goats give birth? (1)
- Who has let the wild donkey go free? (5)
- Is the wild ox willing to serve you? (9)
- What do you know about the ostrich? (13)
- Do you give the horse his might? (19)
- Is it by your understanding that the hawk soars? (26)
- What do you know about my exercise of judgment and power on the earth? (Chapter 40)
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- The ways of the Lord are “unsearchable” and far above those of man (Romans 11:33; Isaiah 55:8-9) and when we presume to know what is hidden about Him, we make a grave mistake!
- The intricacies of nature are the realm of God. Man can observe them with awe and wonder but never have the intimate relationship with them that their creator does.
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- Observe the greatness of God’s creation! “Stop and smell the roses!”
- Reflect upon man’s care of that creation – have we been good stewards of it?
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- Lord, help me to always be in awe and to praise You for the wonders of the human body and your physical creation! (Job 37:14; Psalm 139:14; 19:1)
- Lord, help me to be a good steward of all that you have placed in my care!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton