Today’s Scripture: Psalm 66-68
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- This psalm of thanksgiving recounts God’s awesome deeds and His commitment to His people as His eyes keep watch on the nations. For His great blessings on His people, they will tell what He has done for their souls (66:1-20).
- This short psalm thanks God for a fruitful harvest and petitions Him on behalf of the peoples of the world that they might come to know the one true God as His people know Him (67:1-7).
- This next psalm celebrates God’ continued protection and care for Israel and is thought by some to be a commemoration of David’s moving of the ark into the tabernacle, as described in 2nd Samuel 6:12-15 (68:1-35).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- Psalm 66 reminds me that our God is an awesome God!
- Psalm 67 teaches me that God cares greatly for His people, as evidenced by His providential guidance and involvement in our lives!
- Psalm 68 teaches me that God bears us up and is our salvation, He will deliver us from death and strike the heads of His enemies and, by His power he works for us! As I observe the awesome power of God from His sanctuary, I will sing praises to Him before the nations!
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will be glad, I will be jubilant with joy, and I will exult before God because He is the Father of the fatherless, and protector of widows and, in His goodness, I know He will provide for the needy!
- I will share God’s message with another person that I meet today!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- That God will be gracious to us and bless us and make His face to shine upon us that His Way may be know upon the earth and His saving power among all the nations!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton