Today’s Scripture: Psalm 57-59
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- David perhaps wrote the words of the 57th Psalm as he contemplated his escape from Saul to the Cave of Adullam or the Cave at Engedi (1st Samuel 22:1 or 24:3)
- Though physical refuge may have been elusive, David expresses confidence that his soul can always find refuge in God!
- David is faithful that God will fulfill His purpose in Him!
- God will judge the earth and its tyrants will be brought to justice
- David perhaps wrote the words of the 59th Psalm when Saul sent man to watch his house in order to kill him (1st Samuel 19:11)
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- God is my fortress and my strength!
- God will protect, deliver and save His children!
- God’s people will sing praises to Him, extolling His great love and magnifying his holy name!
- Those nations who think they are the world powers, God will hold in derision as he rouses Himself to punish them
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will praise the Lord with my lips and with my heart!
- When I feel the pressures of the day (“the storms of destruction” of 57:1?) crushing in upon me, I will take refuge in the shadow of God’s wings!
- I will trust God to fulfill His purpose for me (57:2) while trying my best to sell my skills, experience, and energies to help companies solve their challenges!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For our rulers that they recognize God’s awesome power to control world events and to alter the course of time to fulfill His purposes
- For a steadfast heart, O God!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton