Today’s Scripture: Psalm 63-65
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- David remembers past worship – my soul thirsts for you! (63:1-2)
- David expresses confidence for future worship – my lips will praise you, I will lift up my hands! (63:3-4)
- David’s soul clings to the Lord as he remembers Him upon his bed and meditates on him in the night watches (63:5-8).
- Those who seek David’s life will fail but he will rejoice (63:9-11).
- David prays to be hidden from the secret plans of the wicked (64:1-6).
- God makes an example of the wicked (64:7-10).
- David offers thanksgiving for a fruitful harvest (65:1-13).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- My passion for God and for serving Him should not be a secret to those with whom I interact!
- My meditations upon God should be frequent!
- I should be thankful and expressive of that thankfulness!
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- Meditate, meditate, meditate …
- Send one letter inviting a friend to come worship the Lord. This psalm “inculcates the confidence that the worshiper will indeed be able to return to the sanctuary to worship God…. The psalm, in instilling such confidence, also enables its singers to treasure this worship as the gift that it is.” (ESV Study Bible)
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For the initiative to share the privilege and joy of worship with my friends
- For Jesse and Lura Law
- For Lou and June Matlock
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton