Today’s Scripture: Exodus 37-40
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- Moses continues the Lord’s instructions, by describing the making of the items to go into the tabernacle (37:1-29), and items to go outside the tent of the tabernacle but inside the court that surrounds it ((38:1-20)
- The official record of those who oversaw the work of the tabernacle and of the precious materials used (38:21-31)
- The description of the garments for Aaron and his sons are given and how they are to be made (39:1-31).
- The narration of the fact that the people completed all the work of the tabernacle and then brought the pieces to Moses (39:32-43)
- The Lord speaks to Moses with instruction on when and how to erect the tabernacle and it is done (40:1-33).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- It is right and good to celebrate the success of a group of God’s people completing a task that they have worked together to accomplish (49:43).
- A very important part of our work is consecrating it to God (40:9-15).
- The glory of the Lord will fill the house that is built with God as its architect and designer. He will lead us throughout our journeys (40:34-38).
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will look for ways to celebrate tasks successfully completed, working with my brethren
- I will consecrate this day’s work to God!
- I will praise God for His plan!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For God’s word to serve as a lamp to light my path!
- For Christians in the local body with whom I work and have fellowship!
- For opportunities to glorify God!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton