Today’s Reading: Luke 1-2
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- The unique way in which Luke introduces his gospel. The prologue is a single sentence, comprising verses 1-4 and “demonstrates Luke’s skill as a writer,” The ESV Study Bible says also it “ranks among the finest Greek writing of the first century.”
- Luke’s purpose in writing these things was that Theophilus might know the certainty of what has been taught about Jesus.
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- Though my children may not have as special and unique a role as did John and Jesus, I need to be open to the calling of God in their lives.
- My role as a parent is to help my children grow and become strong in the spirit.
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will model good Bible study habits before my sons
- Our family circle will be unbroken as we jointly pray to our Father
- My son’s friends will see a home in which “the father is true and strong … where the mother in queenly quest, strives to show others God’s way is best … where the children are led to know Christ in His beauty who loves them so …”
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- God give us Christian homes!
- Help me appreciate my sons and the time I have with them.
- Give me patience and wisdom to mold them into Christian men to be spiritual leaders of their families.
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!