Today’s Reading: 2nd Corinthians 9-10
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- The pattern revealed for collections for needy Christians in one area to be assisted by those in another
- The keys to successful sowing and reaping, to acceptable giving and to bountiful distribution
- Paul defends his ministry and describes the “weapons of his warfare”
- Paul’s “boasts in the Lord”
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- I need to be more mindful of the needs of my brothers and sisters in Christ.
- I need to find ways to reach out to those who are hurting; to help them carry their burdens and to relieve their pain; to share the comfort of God (Go back and read chapter 7, verses 6 through 13 of this same letter.)
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will send a card to my brother in Christ who is in the hospital, unable to receive visitors
- I will send a note of encouragement to a young couple in our congregation who are struggling in their marriage
- I will spend the afternoon with my mother on this Mother’s Day 2010
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- Lord, help me to demonstrate my zeal and my readiness to serve, by the things I do and not just by what I say!
- Lord, help me to be the type of giver and sower that you love! May my giving and my sowing overflow in many thanksgivings to You as I function as an instrument of Your grace for the salvation of others!
- Lord, help me to be an imitator of your servant Paul in employing the “meekness and gentleness of Christ” (10:1) to “take every thought captive to obey Christ” (10:5).