Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 5-6
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- The father makes another appeal to his son to remain sexually pure, warning him to stay far away from the allure of the immoral woman (5:1-23).
- Practical warnings are given about the risks of putting up security for another, of being lazy, and of exhibiting character traits that the Lord hates (6:1-19).
- The father make another appeal to his son to remain sexually pure by seeing past the immediate temptation to the consequences that would result (6:20-35).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- God created man and woman to enjoy sexual pleasure but it is to be confined to marriage (5:15-20).
- Those who fail to exercise self-discipline and who despise reproof will find themselves groaning at the end of their lives because of what awaits them (5:11-12, 20-22).
- Being a good steward of what God has given us demands that we be prudent in how we commit our resources (16:5).
- God demands of us a good work ethic and character traits that build up and encourage rather than those that tear down and de-moralize (6:6-19)
- We cannot put ourselves into situations of temptation and expect to walk away unscathed (6:20-35).
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- I will rejoice in the relationship I have with my godly wife!
- I will discipline my body and keep it under control!
- I will be prudent in the use of the resources that God has given me.
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For hands clean and ready to do the work of the Lord!
- For feet that will endure the Christian race to the end where the crown awaits!
- For continued energy to be an encourager among brothers!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton