Today’s Scripture: Ezekiel 7-12
Things to remember in today’s reading:
- Ezekiel receives his vision against the “land of Israel” (7:1-27).
- Ezkiel’s vision of idolatrous worship in the temple (8:1-18).
- Ezekiel’s vision of the city-wide slaughter of idolaters (9:1-11).
- Ezekiel’s vision of the destruction of Jerusalem by fire (10:1-22).
- Ezekiel’s vision of the judgment on wicked officials and an oracle of hope before God’s glory departs (11:1-25).
Things God is teaching me in today’s reading:
- These things were done so that they would know that God was in control and this message appears repeatedly (7:4, 9, 27; 11:10, 12)
- How far man call fall from what God intended us to be when he created us and put us in the garden! To cause God to say, “Do you see what they are doing , the great abominations that the house of Israel are committing here, to drive me far from my sanctuary?” (8:6)
- Even when we are surrounded by evil, God’s people can mount a revival of hope and spirit and faith (11:13-25).
Things to act on in today’s reading:
- As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
- I will preach a message of hope and faith!
Things to pray about in today’s reading:
- For a spirit of kindness!
- For a love of the souls of all!
Thanks for reading with me dear friend. Have a blessed day!!
— Randy Sexton